If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While attending university, I put a layered dip together for friends hosting a game night. The colors really attract people to try it, then they won't leave the room until the whole thing is devoured. - midnitechef
Makes 1 platter
- 1 container whipped fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 or 2 avacado
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the cream cheese, mayo, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and salt in a bowl. Mix until completely blended. Finely chop the white part of the green onions, add this to the cheese and mix well.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the plate or platter. If you are using a large platter, use a large container of cream cheese or two small ones.
- Finely dice the avacado, bell pepper, seeded tomato, and green onion tops.
- Layer each vegetable on top of one another, over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with cheddar cheese. (Option: reserve a few pieces of the green onion tops or chives to garnish)
- Serve with crackers and tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.