If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quiches are great to serve during the holidays because they're so easy and fast to throw together. I especially love this version because it's packed with prosciutto, fresh sage, and roasted butternut squash! - Kerstin —Kerstin
Food52 Review: This quiche is great! Perfect for a holiday breakfast. The sweetness of the leeks and butternut squash pair so nicely with the savory notes of the prosciutto and romano cheese. The unique ingredients make it different than the average quiche and perfect for a special occasion. It's beautiful -- I love the presentation. But as pretty as it looks, it's easy to make and not a lot of ingredients, for less time in the kitchen and more time spent with friends and family! —epickles
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 4 slices prosciutto, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 10-inch pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400?F. Place squash on a greased cookie sheet and drizzle evenly with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bake squash for 25-30 minutes at 400?F or until tender. Lower oven heat to 350?F.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet and saute leeks for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and saute one additional minute.
- Beat eggs and milk in a large bowl until well mixed. Mix in butternut squash, leeks, prosciutto, cheese, sage, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Line a 10-inch pie pan with prepared pie crust; pour in quiche mixture. Bake at 350?F for 45 to 60 minutes, or until set. Cool slightly and cut into 8 wedges. Makes 8 servings.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.