If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In Ayurvedic medicine, ghee aids digestion, treats anxiety, retains memory, and promotes the immune system. Ghee is as important to the Indian cooking as butter is to French cuisine. As it may be similar to clarified butter, the process of simmering the butter is much longer, up until the popping sound of the water subsides and the milk solids sink down to the bottom. The result is a golden clear liquid that holds a rich nutty aroma. - FrancesRenHuang
Makes a jar of goodness
- A few sticks of butter
- cheese cloth/ kitchen paper towel
- In low heat, melt the butter in a non-stick pot.
- Simmer quietly. The foam will appear in the top layer. Continue to cook until the popping sound of the water subsides and the milk solids sinks down to the bottom, 10~15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a cheese cloth or kitchen paper towel.
- Reserve in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid; can be kept in the fridge for months.