Author Notes: These shrimp came from a place in my soul where I said "Self, I want citrus. But I also want spicy. And I'll be damned if I dont want shrimp too!" And on top of all this, I recently discovered the broiler. And that I can actually lift the top of my oven to clean it. Miracles, I tell you. Miracles. - NicoleQ23
- As many shrimp as your stomach can handle
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cayenne to taste
- Kosher salt for sprinklies
- Set that square machine to broil and let that baby heat up.
- Peel your shrimp. I buy a half pound of ez-peelers which feeds me for two meals. Personally I like peeling shrimp, but if you can't handle this task, well, I suppose there are other shrimp in the sea. Post-peeling, dry off the shrimp as much as possible. I like to use paper towels.
- In a bag (I use the kind you put your fruit in at the grocery store. Reduce, reuse, recycle and all that jazz) place oil, some zesties of both fruits, a bunch of juice squeezed out of the fruits, dash of salt, and a dash or two of cayenne (The kicker!). And some black pepper if ya like.
- Toss those babies all around in that bag. Then dump them into a cooking box that wont burn in the oven. Then broil em. Broil em real good. For about five minutes.
- Once they are all gorgeous and pink, they may exit the oven and enter your mouth. MMMM yummers!