If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Even though Christmas is drawing closer and the weather is turning colder every day, I still crave ice cream. I know I should be baking cookies, pies, and gingerbread but instead I've been experimenting with other things.
This is the time of year that I indulge in Mexican hot chocolate, so I figured why not turn this treat into a different dessert? I decided to use Mexican chocolate and ancho chili powder for a new twist on the standard chocolate ice pop. These paletas are lightly spiced with cinnamon and dusted with extra chili powder for a supremely delicious treat that is full of seasonal flavor but still satisfies my need for ice cream. - thehungrytexan
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 5-6 ounces mexican chocolate, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Bring the heavy cream and milk to a low simmer. Add the cinnamon stick and chocolate and stir until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Taste for sweetness. Depending on the variety of chocolate you use it may need a little sugar or none at all. I used Ibarra brand which was plenty sweet for my tastes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Add the ancho chili powder and mix well.
- Cool to room temperature and pour into molds. Cover the mold tightly with plastic wrap. Cut a small slit in the wrap over each ice pop and insert a cinnamon stick.
- Chill overnight in the freezer. Unmold by running under water briefly then gently sliding the paletas out. Dust each with ancho chili powder on both sides.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.