If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baby, It’s Cold Outside! Warming up is easy to do with this tasty pear toddy. You can serve it in your favorite mug or try these chic and eco-friendly mugs. These festive handcrafted mugs made from Asian pears are sure to awe your guests. - MuyBueno - MuyBueno
Food52 Review: Without a doubt this Hot Toddy should be put on your winter "must-make" list. Get the best pear nectar you can find and you will soon be transported to a heavenly place. The use of Asian spices give this toddy a subtle, haunting kick which make you want to keep on sippin'. This would be the perfect beverage to greet your guests with on a cold winter night or just after a vigorous day of your favorite winter sport. I am now a Hot Toddy convert! - sticksnscones
- 3 1/2 cups pear nectar
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 whole anise stars
- 3/4 cups tequila gold
- 4 Asian pears (optional)
- Combine pear nectar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and anise stars in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add tequila and stir to incorporate.
- Cut off the pear top and with a sharp knife carefully outline a rim on your pear cup.
- With a melon baller or a spoon, hollow out the pear making sure to leave about 1/4 inch at the bottom and around the edges, creating a cup.
- Pour warm nectar into pear cups and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy