If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: To bake apples, core, quarter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar (about 2 tbs of sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon) and bake in the oven at 325 degrees for about 30 mins, or until softened. Baking the apples will whet your appetit for some delicious apple-y hot drinks before a crackling fire! —ErinC
- 2 cups hot water
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 peeled and cored apples, baked see note above
- 6 ounces apple jack
- pinches freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Add sugar to about 2 Tbs boiled water, enough to dissolve the sugar
- Muddle the sugar/water mixture with the cored, baked apples
- Add the apple jack and continue muddling the mixture.
- Stir in about 1 1/4 c boiled hot water.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the solids from the mixture
- Top off each drink with the remaining hot boiled water.
- Top each drink with a dallop of whipped cream and some freshly grated nutmeg
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.