If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Butterbeer (yes! from the magical world of harry potter!) is meant to taste "a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch." This version is nonalcoholic, so kids can have it too, but for an adult butterbeer you can replace the cider with Woodchuck hard apple cider and add a few glugs of spiced rum for good measure! - arielleclementine
Food52 Review: More hot toddy than punch, this sweet concoction is inspired by Harry Potter's wizardry and will surely be enjoyed by both kids and adults. A sweet and buttery syrup combines with apple cider and vanilla to create a velvety, warm cider base. The ginger ale adds a little pep and the unsweetened whipped cream balances out the 'almost' too sweet butterbeer. Do try the adult version, add a dash of rum to cut the sweetness. - jvcooks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup ginger ale
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Make the butterscotch syrup: melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, 1/4 cup cream, and sea salt. Whisk to combine. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and cider and heat until very hot, and the butterscotch syrup has dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in ginger ale. Serve with loads of whipped cream on top.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.