If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by the winter season. I made them for the first time today and they were a hit. They are a wonderful holiday treat to curl up by the fire with. My only problem was that they end up just a wee bit flat. If anyone has any tips for that, it would be a HUGE help. You, if you wanted, could also do this recipe with Heath toffee bits in lieu of crushed candy canes. Hope you enjoy and again, if there are any tips for me, please, comment and tell me what they are. Thank you and have a wonderful holiday! - belen
Makes around 18 cookies
- 1 cup butter (salted)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinches saigon cinnamon (or regular)
- 2 1/3 cups white all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 1/2 cups marsh mellows
- pinches (Hershey's) unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinches kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Melt the butter in the microwave and put in a mixer. (Preferably a mixer however, a bowl with an egg beater works too).
- Add the two sugars to the mixture and mix at a medium high speed until blended, about 1 minute. Then add the vanilla and eggs to the batter until well mixed.
- In another bowl, mix the flour (sifted) , salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Then, slowly, add this to the batter while the mixer is on a low setting.
- Put a small glass bowl on top of a saucepan of boiling water.(Or a double boiler). Add the chocolate chips, a tiny tiny bit of butter, and a tad of half and half. Melt this till smooth.
- Removing the paddle attachment, get a wood spoon. Fold in the candy canes, chocolate, and marsh mellows. At this point, if you have weak tasting candy canes, you should add a tad of peppermint extract.
- Get a lightly greased sheet pan and scoop 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch blobs of dough onto it. You can add a marsh mellow on top if you like. Pop it in the oven and cook till a knife comes out clean, about 5-7 minutes.
- Take out the sheet, and enjoy!