If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am a big fan of margaritas and this drink reminds me of a warm, winter-spiced margarita. - VanessaS —VanessaS
Food52 Review: Great name, great drink! VanessaS has a brilliant idea to boil up honey, orange, cinnamon, a hint of clove, and water with an ancho chili pepper! Combined with silver Patron tequila, this makes a great hot toddy. The directions and ingredients are perfect. The recipe, which yields two small drinks that are refreshingly warming, is even better than a margarita in my opinion! Throughout the evening I made even more to sip without the tequila. The pepper gives such a great kick all by itself, you really can enjoy a virgin version, too. If you are a fan of citrus, this hot toddy is for you. I highly recommend it as an EP! Thanks, VanessaS for coming up with this recipe. —Sagegreen
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves
- 2 inch piece of cinnamon stick
- 1/2 of an orange, zested
- 1/2 of an actual orange, cut in half (so you have two quarters of an orange)
- 1 inch piece snipped off of a dried ancho pepper
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons Patron Silver Tequila
- Combine honey, cloves, cinnamon stick, orange zest, pepper and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and simmer five minutes. Turn off heat and let stand for five minutes.
- Set out two glasses. Add two tablespoons tequila to each glass and squeeze one orange piece into each glass.
- Strain water mixture through a sieve and divide warm mixture between glasses. Garnish with an orange slice, if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
A better basket.