Author Notes: Inspired by pickled grapes I just made a small batch of these. Although you could modify this recipe for canning, I am suggesting this version for the fridge. - Sagegreen
Makes 3 eight ounce mason jars
- 1.5 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cups water
- 1.5 cups organic cane sugar
- 1.5 ounces maple syrup
- 2 ounces acacia honey
- 1 inch piece of ginger, sliced thin
- peel of one orange
- 1 lemon, sliced thin, pits removed
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander (whole berries)
- 12 ounces whole fresh cranberries, stems removed
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, syrup, honey, ginger, spices, orange peel and lemon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and cook until the skins begin to crack (under 10 minutes). Remove the cranberries with other selected fruit and let cool.
- Add the cooled cranberries with company to the mason jars. Reheat the vinegar mixture to a boil. Pour over the berries. Seal and let cool. Refrigerate. Let the flavors evolve for a few days. Serve with cheese, roasts, and anyway you would use pickles. You will have leftover cranberry vinegar pickling liquid, which I used to poach some fresh pears....gorgeous color.