If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by pickled grapes I just made a small batch of these. Although you could modify this recipe for canning, I am suggesting this version for the fridge. - Sagegreen
Makes 3 eight ounce mason jars
- 1.5 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1.5 cups organic cane sugar
- 1.5 ounces maple syrup
- 2 ounces acacia honey
- 1 inch piece of ginger, sliced thin
- peel of one orange
- 1 lemon, sliced thin, pits removed
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander (whole berries)
- 12 ounces whole fresh cranberries, stems removed
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, syrup, honey, ginger, spices, orange peel and lemon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and cook until the skins begin to crack (under 10 minutes). Remove the cranberries with other selected fruit and let cool.
- Add the cooled cranberries with company to the mason jars. Reheat the vinegar mixture to a boil. Pour over the berries. Seal and let cool. Refrigerate. Let the flavors evolve for a few days. Serve with cheese, roasts, and anyway you would use pickles. You will have leftover cranberry vinegar pickling liquid, which I used to poach some fresh pears....gorgeous color.
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.