If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Have a large amount of fresh cranberries and some great apple cider, and it looks like I'm ready to piece together quite a hot toddy. This one is great hot or cold. I like the combination of cranberry, apple, cinnamon and an accent of orange. I make a big batch of candied orange peel (that I freeze), and I used a piece in this drink as a edible garnish. The twist is that I candy the orange peel in a spiced cranberry juice mixture, to give it a little extra color and flavor. —foodfighter
candied orange peel
- 2 oranges (i.e. valencia)
- 1 piece star anise
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- I cut off top and bottom of oranges, then peel and cut peel into thin strips a quarter of an inch wide. I boil and drain the peels 2-3 times to get rid of bitterness.
- bring cranberry juice, water and 2.5 cups of sugar to a boil.
- Add strips of orange peel, star anise and cinnamon stick reduce heat and simmer for about 35-40 minutes. Drain and reserve syrup for other use.
- Allow strips to cool, then toss with remaining .5 cup of sugar, and let dry. Remaining can be stored in fridge for a couple days or freezer at least a month.
- 8 ounces Cranberry Wine (Tart)
- 4 ounces Goldschlager
- 8 ounces Apple Cider
- 1 handful cranberries
- 2 cinnamon stick (3 inch)
- cinnamon sugar
- Combine wine, Goldschlager and Cider. My cider was very sweet. If yours is not, sweeten mixture to taste.
- Add Cranberries and cinnamon stick and heat gently until warm. A slow cooker works well for this.
- Rim shallow glasses with cinnamon sugar, and garnish with spiced cranberry candied orange peel.
- Ask someone to fetch you a second, after you finish the first.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.