If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I learned how to make this recipe from my daughter who was living in Greece. - lynn_petitta_cornejo
- 1 pound small sized lentils
- 1 Red onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Extra Virgen Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Oregano
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 handful chopped carrot
- 2 Stalks Celery
- Italian, Spanish or Greek Sausage (optional)
- Put some of the olive oil in a pan on medium heat and add the chopped red onion, carrot and celery. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and stir until paste starts to melt a bit.
- Add the olive oil and stir.
- Add the lentils and cover with water (I use bottled water).
- Add the bay leaves, garlic cloves, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Boil rapidly and then add the vinegar and oregano. Sausage can be added at this point if you want it. Cook until lentils are tender and soup has thickened.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.