If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very simple but very good that my mother makes.
Dhal can be cooked with different seasoning to make a dish by same name in India. Dhal should washed first in plenty of water to remove the dust and debris. In this recipe I used Toor dhal flat and golden and pleasant flavor do not use the oiled verities .
Have with steamed basmati rice
- Lentil (Toor dhal/ red gram) ½ cup
- Ginger 1 small piece
- Green Chili 1
- Water 1 cup
- (Cook all above in water)
- Shallotte 5
- Garlic 5 flake
- (Crushed above)
- Chili Flake ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Curry Leaf 1 sprig(Optional)
- Cilantro few
- Oil 1 tsp
- Heat one tsp of oil in a heavy pan add the crushed ingredients cook till caramel colour reduce flame add turmeric ,chili flake and curry leaf(optional)
- Add the cooked lentils mixture and add salt to taste.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro
- Serve hot.
- ( A knob of butter or a tsp of ghee added to the prepared dhal curry give a rich flavor)I've found a place online which is sending coconut oil, mustard seeds and even fresh curry leaves in USA http://www.thokalath.com/india_grocery_store.php
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Tags: serves a crowd