Author Notes: You can also add 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs to make the texture slightly lighter. I serve this on a challah bun with horseradish sauce and pickles but you can garnish it with anything! - kelseykpastry
Serves 4 or more. (depends on size of patties and appetites.)
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 1/2 cup Oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1 cup carrots (minced)
- 1 cup celery (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- In a med pan saute the onions, carrots, and celery over med high heat until slightly soft, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add garlic to onion, carrot, and celery, saute another 30 seconds.
- In kitchen aid mixer with paddle attachment mix all of the ingredients on medium to medium low speed until cooled and lentils have mushed into a paste, binding all of the ingredients.
- Press firmly into patties.
- Grill for approximately 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the size of your patties.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils