If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can also add 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs to make the texture slightly lighter. I serve this on a challah bun with horseradish sauce and pickles but you can garnish it with anything! —kelseykpastry
Serves 4 or more. (depends on size of patties and appetites.)
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 1/2 cups Oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1 cup carrots (minced)
- 1 cup celery (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- In a med pan saute the onions, carrots, and celery over med high heat until slightly soft, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add garlic to onion, carrot, and celery, saute another 30 seconds.
- In kitchen aid mixer with paddle attachment mix all of the ingredients on medium to medium low speed until cooled and lentils have mushed into a paste, binding all of the ingredients.
- Press firmly into patties.
- Grill for approximately 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the size of your patties.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Finger Foods for the Fourth
The best summer appetizers
Finger foods for the Fourth.
Warning: You might be offended.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.