If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe from one of my instructors at The Art Institutes (Seth Bixby Daugherty). He would give us ingredients and we had to fill in the blanks. After removing the ribs from the braising liquid, blend the liquid to use as a sauce. The best thing about this recipe is that you can't mess it up, add a little of this or that, ou just have to make sure your ribs are submerged! Also, check periodically to make sure that your liquid hasn't evaporated and add a mixture of stock and water if needed. —Miss Lyss
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- Lots of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup canned tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups veal stock
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 beef shortribs
- Season ribs with salt and pepper
- Grill ribs for about 2 minutes on each side
- Combine all other ingredients in a roasting pan
- Season liquid to taste
- Submerge ribs in the braising liquid
- Cover and bake for 2 1/2 hours at 350 degrees until fork tender
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs
Paint Your Kitchen in One Day
Give the room the refresh it's ready for
Paint your kitchen in one day.
How to cook with herb stems.
We've got the summer blues.
Hatch chiles are worth the fuss.
A better basket.