If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It took two crock pots for us to make the full 6 lbs this recipe makes, which served my mom, step dad, stepbrother and (then) boyfriend with 2 small portions left over. If you need to buy a slow cooker, I recommend at *least* a 7-qt. I used a B.C. Pinot Noir for this. - Sarah
Makes 6 lbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large Vidalia onions
- 16 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup full bodied red wine
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge ribs in the mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan, brown ribs on all sides and remove them to the crockpot (for this amount we need two), pouring off excess fat.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the crockpot.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over ribs in the pots, cover and cook 8 hours on LOW.
- After 8 hours, turn control to HI and uncover. Cook 15 - 20 minutes, until condensed to your liking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.