If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Barbecue culture is seen everywhere in the streets of Bangkok, and growing up and moving away has always forced me to re-create dishes in my oven. This dish goes well with balsamic rice, pickled cucumbers, and some fried crab chips. Also, an authentic Thai dish cannot escape the greatness of dipping sauces. *If serving guests, I'll debone the meat to minimize messiness when eating. But of course, by myself, I love digging in with my fingers. —FrancesRenHuang
Grilled Short Ribs Marinate
- 1 pound short ribs, deboned
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, bruise by hitting it with the back of a knife
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small handfuls cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Combine marinate ingredients in large bowl; add short ribs and marinate for 2~24 hours. In the meantime combine the dipping sauce ingredients and put away in the fridge until needed.
- Pre-heat oven to 250 and line baking pan with parchment paper; drain the short ribs and evenly distribute onto the pan; bake for 30~40 minutes, or until internal temperature is 160.
- Pan Searing for flavor: Heat a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until smoking, with some of the oil from the meat; place the cooked meat, meaty side down, until well-browned 2~3 minutes for both sides. Set aside and let it sit for 5 minutes or so before cutting.
- Spoon sauce over the meat and serve warm with balsamic rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs
The Spice is Right
Recipes that put a dent in that za'atar stash
Za'atar: the spice with zip.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
The knots you should know.
Have a ball (jar).