If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This ice cream is as smooth as silk. I am using a modification for a muscovado ice cream recipe from India Tree. - Sagegreen
Serves 1 quart
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 7 ounces dark muscovado sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- sprinkle of Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon zested peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Meyer's lemon peel, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon Tahitian vanilla
- cocoa and cinnamon or ginger zest for garnish, optional
- In a heavy sauce pan warm half the cream and half and half, and then whisk in the the muscovado sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring frequently. Take off the heat. Add the the ginger and lemon zest.
- Whisk the egg yolks together other half of the cream.Temper with 1/2 cup of the warm cream mix. Gradually pour yolk mix into the rest of cream mix in the pan and stir over low heat, but do not boil. Cover with parchment paper and cool; then refrigerate at least 2 hours, even overnight.
- Proceed to follow your ice cream maker directions and process as ice cream. Freeze in a container for a few hours for best results. If you like your ice cream soft and a bit runny, then do go ahead and enjoy this right away.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or ginger zest.
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.