If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A combination of several recipes. One tip is to cook it the day before, chill and remove fat and reheat and serve or freeze. Wonderful meal for company. —Annielfras
- 1/2 cup Flour
- Dust short ribs with flour and salt and pepper
- Brown the ribs in vegetable oil
- set aside
- finely chop one large onion, one cup chopped celery, and one cup chopped carrot. Add to the pot and sautee until soft. About 8-10 minutes. Add 3 Tablespoons minced garlic and cook one minute. Add 1/2 pound cremini or white button mushrooms.
- Add 2 bay leaves, 5 sprigs fresh thyme, and 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Add 21/2 cups good dry red wine, 3 Tablespoons tomato paste, 1 (15oz) can crushed tomatoes, 2 cups of beef stock, and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper and 1 teaspoon salt,
- Return short ribs to slow cooker and cook for 6hours on low or until meat is tender. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.