Author Notes: The great thing about this salad is that you can use any apple that you like or change up the fruit, nuts and cheese to make it a year-round or seasonal salad. There really is no perfect recipe. Add whatever you like. - Justforlicks
For the Salad
- 3 Hearts of Romaine, chopped
- 2 Fuji Apples, peeled and sliced into thin squares
- 2 2 Fuyu Persimmons, peeled and sliced into thin squares
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries or Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 cup Sugared Pecans or Walnuts
- 1 cup Gorgonzola or Bleu Cheese – crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup Light Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Chop the romaine into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the celery, green onions, apples and persimmons.
- Pour on the dressing and gently toss.
- Add the cheese and nuts last and give the salad a few gentle tosses.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples