If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The great thing about this salad is that you can use any apple that you like or change up the fruit, nuts and cheese to make it a year-round or seasonal salad. There really is no perfect recipe. Add whatever you like. - Justforlicks
For the Salad
- 3 Hearts of Romaine, chopped
- 2 Fuji Apples, peeled and sliced into thin squares
- 2 2 Fuyu Persimmons, peeled and sliced into thin squares
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries or Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 cup Sugared Pecans or Walnuts
- 1 cup Gorgonzola or Bleu Cheese – crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup Light Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Chop the romaine into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the celery, green onions, apples and persimmons.
- Pour on the dressing and gently toss.
- Add the cheese and nuts last and give the salad a few gentle tosses.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
When Broccoli Rabe Stops Getting Polite & Starts Getting Real
Embrace the bitterness.
How to Hard Cook Lots of Eggs at Once
Use the oven, you egghead.
Style with a breeze.