If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While browsing through some websites I saw a recipe that someone had made using hominy. I have always liked hominy (from my childhood) and created a breakfast casserole that is quick, easy, and filling. - Fingerpicker
- 15.5 ounces Can of Yellow Hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound Bulk Pork Sausage, your choice
- 3 Scallions, chopped coarse with some of the green top
- 3 Large, Eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cups Shredded, Sharp Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Medium, Tomato, seeded and chopped coarse
- 1 9" glass Pie Pan, greased
- Cooking Spray
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.While the oven is heating you can brown the sausage and separate it to a crumbly stage with a spoon while it browns. Remove sausage to a paper towel to drain.
- Take the glass pie pan and spray with cooking spray to coat lightly.
- Break your eggs into a large bowl of your choice and beat well. Add the sausage, scallions, shredded cheese, and heavy cream. Stir lightly just to mix.
- Make sure the hominy has drained well and add it to the bottom of the pie pan and spread evenly over the bottom. Stir your egg mixture once more and pour into the pie pan. Smooth out the mixture with a large spoon and carefully place the chopped tomato over the top evenly. You can also add some more shredded cheese to the top if you wish.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for approximately 30 mins. or just until the center of the casserole has set. Depending upon your elevation it may take longer to bake and set properly. Remove from the oven and let the pie set for about 5 to 8 minutes then serve. You can also top with a dollop of sour cream on top. Enjoy