Author Notes: I love making salads. More so in spring and summer, but salads are always fun for me to put together. This is my basic salad, which I make with different variations. My husband is the one who began referring to this as the holy salad. I thought an alternate name might be more appropriate, then decided to go with its customary name. - Zahirah
- 2 Romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped with the skin left on
- 2 Bell peppers, chopped. One of each color (red, orange, or yellow)
- 1 Cucumber, chopped with the skin left on
- 1 handful Cherry or plum tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- 1 handful Blueberries
- 1 handful Roquefort or Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Crushed mixed nuts & Mixed sesame seeds (white, brown, black)
- Chop all ingredients and combine in a large salad bowl. Dressing recipe follows.
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Seeded mustard
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Mix together all ingredients in a bottle or any container with a lid.
- Shake ingredients together.
- Dress salad as desired, and serve any remaining dressing on the side.