If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love making salads. More so in spring and summer, but salads are always fun for me to put together. This is my basic salad, which I make with different variations. My husband is the one who began referring to this as the holy salad. I thought an alternate name might be more appropriate, then decided to go with its customary name. —Zahirah
- 2 Romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped with the skin left on
- 2 Bell peppers, chopped. One of each color (red, orange, or yellow)
- 1 Cucumber, chopped with the skin left on
- 1 handful Cherry or plum tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- 1 handful Blueberries
- 1 handful Roquefort or Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Crushed mixed nuts & Mixed sesame seeds (white, brown, black)
- Chop all ingredients and combine in a large salad bowl. Dressing recipe follows.
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Seeded mustard
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Mix together all ingredients in a bottle or any container with a lid.
- Shake ingredients together.
- Dress salad as desired, and serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples