Author Notes: I made this meatloaf by chance since we ran out of white bread. It's become the preferred one in my family ever since - ComfortableintheKitchen
Serves 6 not so hungry people
- 1 lbs Chopped Sirloin or Ground Round
- 4 slices rye bread with seeds
- 1 onion minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the chopped meat in a large bowl. Tear the rye bread into 1 inch cubes and add the beef broth.
- Mix in the raw egg, minced onion and fresh parsley. Shape into a loaf with hands. Place the bacon on top of the loaf.
- Put the loaf in a shallow baking dish, metal is best. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.