Author Notes: This recipe comes from one of my first cooking teachers, Ann Conway Clancy. She was a phenomenal cook, who taught me a lot about how to make my way around the kitchen. - ComfortableintheKitchen
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 pound butter
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- 1/2 cup Sauternes wines
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (unseasoned)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup Sauterne (reserved for final step)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pound the chicken breast so they are thin.
- Melt butter, add marjoram, and stir in the cheese and wine to make an oozy paste. Spread each chicken breast with the paste.
- Roll chicken into a log. Coat the logs with egg and breadcrumbs.
- Place the logs in a baking dish and cover with additional Sauterne. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until logs are golden brown.Serve with rice and green salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples