If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I perfectly know that chicken drumsticks are best eaten fried, but I also know that fried food isn’t that great for a healthy diet. Ok, even slippers taste good if fried, as we use to say here in Tuscany, but really sometimes you have to give up all fried things. So, how to make crispy and crunchy chicken drumsticks without frying them? The answer is: cook them in the oven. And so I did. I covered them with breadcrumbs as if to fry them, but I placed them in the oven instead. And to be sure they cooked evenly, I let them marinate for a coupleof hours in the fridge before covering them with a very aromatic three-herb-breading (parsley, cilantro and chive). The result was really good, and my friends much appreciated this dish (my husband appreciated it, too, as usual, but that’s no news…).
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 8 tablespoons extravergine olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh chive, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 or 2 cups breadcrumbs
- salt and green pepper to taste
- Prepare a marinade with 6 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, chive, parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper. Take the skin off chicken drumsticks and carve the flesh with a sharp knife so that the marinade can season the whole of them. Let the drumsticks marinate in the fridge for about 2 hours (meat should be quite white after soaking in lemon juice).
- Scrape any excess marinade off the drumsticks and set aside. Combine the marinade with breadcrumbs to form smooth crumbs. Flour the drumsticks, then dip them in the beaten eggs, and finally in the herb crumble so that they are evenly covered.
- Place them in a baking tin covered with baking paper and drizzle with the remaining oil. Cook covered with tin foil for about 1 hour in a preheated oven (190°C – 375°F), then remove the tin foil and cook for further 15 minutes till breadcrumbs are golden.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.