If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With my signature ingredients I have made a salsa for yes, the superbowl! I am very excited that my son has so much interest in the Patriots. So I have managed to find an heirloom tomato and mango to get this party started! —Sagegreen
- 1 large heirloom tomato, diced (or 3 roma tomatoes)
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried sumac, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Aleppo pepper, to taste
- zest from 1 lime
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon red wine, (like beaujolais noveau)
- some creme fraiche on the side
- Chop and dice all the vegetables and fruits into small 1/4 inch morsels. Add the salt, sumac and red pepper flakes.
- Add the lime zest and juice. Toss together with the wine. Chill and let rest for at least one half hour for all the flavors to mingle. Serve with fresh tortilla chips alongside some creme fraiche; look up the Simpson E I E I d'oh and the South Park creme fraiche episodes, especially if you don't have football interests.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip