If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had some guests coming for dinner yesterday and I saw testkitchenette's Edamame Hummus recipe and thought that sounded good. I can usually get fresh, depodded edamame and thought it would make a nice starter for the party. Well, mostly. I wanted something a bit more Mediterranean, so while I Iiked the idea, I thought I might cut the sesame oil in favour of olive oil, and maybe cut the rice vinegar and try a bit of balsamic, or perhaps jerez sherry vinegar? And, instead of the ginger, maybe I'd give it some heat with a bit of pimenton. But the almonds and the garlic, they were definitely staying. So then I couldn't find edamame. In the end, I concocted this, but the almonds and the garlic remain. I ended up giving it some heat with Korean taeyangcho gochujang, which is a fermented chili and soybean paste, sort of miso and chili all in one. Yummy stuff. I used a whole 60gm tube, but think some brands might be hotter than others, so taste before you commit yourself. —innoabrd
- 3 cans chickpeas (or use dry and pre-soak if you have the time)
- 1 handful blanched almonds
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 60 grams Taeyangcho gochujang (Korean chili paste), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Cook the chickpeas until they are soft.
- Combine the chickpeas, almonds, garlic and a bit of oil in a food processor or blender and puree. You can take it smooth, or you can stop while there are still a few chunks in it, which I kind of like. Let's people get an idea what's in there. Add a bit more oil if it needs to be a bit looser.
- Mix the Taeyangcho gochujang and balsamic vinegar in by hand.
- Best to keep it in the fridge for several hours before serving to let the flavour blend. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.