Author Notes: Olives, hummus, what's not to love? Kalamata olives give this hummus a sweet and briny punch, plus an interesting color. - NeelNPatel
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (drained)
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives (rough chop)
- 2 cloves garlic
- small handful flat leaf parsley (rough chop)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons water (optional:for thinning)
- Drain one can chick peas.
- Chop garlic, parsley, and olives. Reserve.
- Transfer ingredients to food processor and add olive oil, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and tahini paste.
- Puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add optional water for thinning. Pulse, and garnish with few sliced olives and flat leaf parsley. Serve with toasted pita or bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip