If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I threw this together a few summers ago while living in Houston, where I had all of these ingredients on hand. I like this dip because it's not overly beany, not overly creamy, and has my all-time favorite flavors of cilantro and jalapeno. It's great with tortilla chips, strips of bell pepper, carrots, and grape tomatoes. —megbennington
Serves 4 as a snack
- 2 cans of black beans, drained but not rinsed
- 1 8 oz package of neufchatel cheese
- 1 handful of cilantro (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (about 1/4 of a medium onion)
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic, chopped
- juice from 1 small lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt (possibly more to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until uniform and creamy, about 30 seconds to a minute. Taste for salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.