If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In Phoenix there is no such thing as Fall, but we can pretend the weather is getting cooler by jacking up the a/c and cooking some Fall inspired menus. This is a take from a pork dish that features apples and raisins. I don't really like warm raisins, so dried cranberries were a great substitute. My four year old loved this meal and it's a great one for entertaining. Happy Eating! —jonewman
- 4 Thick Cut Pork Chops
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, Diced
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Small Dice
- 2 teaspoons Minced Fresh Ginger
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons Agave Nectar or Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set sauté pan to medium/high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan. Salt and pepper the pork chops and then add them to the pan. Brown on both sides for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Put onto a sheet tray and put pork chops into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While pork is in oven, keep the sauté pan at medium/high heat and add the shallots, garlic and ginger. Sauté for a couple of minutes, till the shallots are translucent. Lower the heat if needed as to not burn the garlic and ginger. Add the apples and sauté for a couple of more minutes. Deglaze the pan using the white wine and apple cider vinegar. Once that has deglazed, add the lemon juice. Now add the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and agave nectar. Taste the sauce and adjust salt, pepper and add more agave nectar if needed. Finally, put the dried cranberries in. Turn the heat off and add the 2 tbsp of butter.
- Once the pork chops come out of the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes. Then plate them with some of the Apple Cranberry Sauce on top.
- Serve with whole wheat couscous, follow the packages instructions for the couscous.
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.