If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dip is a variation of Nachos that my friend's Mom used to make. In order to avoid the messiness of nachos and soggy chips, I turned it into a dip and switched up the chile powder and used Sweet Ancho Chile Powder from the Spice house. It gives it a sweet, smokey and richer flavor than regular chili powder. You can serve with tortilla chips but frankly, fritos are the best because it scoops all the ooey-gooeyness of the dip! —MIGirl
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 1 pound 93% Ground Beef
- 1 Can of kidney Beans (pureed)
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Sweet Ancho Chile Powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- dashes Black Pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dashes Garlic Salt
- Saute chopped onions until softened and translucent in olive oil
- Add ground beef and brown.
- Puree kidney beans and add to beef and onion mixture
- Add ketchup and stir in until mixture thickens
- Add chile powder (add more to taste if you prefer)
- Add dash of ground black pepper and garlic salt
- Place mixture into serving dish, top with shredded cheddar and place under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Serve with Frito scoops
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip