Author Notes: This one comes from my friend, Andrea Bates, who whips it up on a moment's notice. It never fails to impress. - erizzo - UpAllNite
Food52 Review: For a dip, this smoked trout mousse is surprisingly satisfying. The horseradish complements the flavor perfectly, without overwhelming the smoked trout or adding much heat. The technique of blending the cream cheese separately from the smoked trout results in a dip that has a light, fluffy texture, perfect for scooping up with a water cracker--preferably the roasted garlic kind. - CookLikeMad
Serves about 6
- 8 ounces smoked trout
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons grated horseradish
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Remove skin from trout and discard. Combine trout, 1/4 cup heavy cream, lemon juice and horseradish in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Remove to a small bowl.
- Process cream cheese and additional 2-3 tablespoons cream in the food processor until light and fluffy.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into trout mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with toasted baugette slices or water crackers.