If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend's brother taught me how to make this when we were in high school- over twenty years ago (ouch!). I doubt that he still remembers it.
It originally calls for labaneh, a middle-eastern cheese. You can make your own labaneh by mixing plain yogurt with a little salt, and draining it in a cheese cloth for a few hours. I've made it with sour cream, as well, and it's fine, although the consistency is different. - Hummusit
- 2 avocados
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (or labaneh)
- 1 tablespoon mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Peel avocados and remove pits. Mash them in a bowl.
- Crush the garlic clove and add to mashed avocados.
- Remove mint leaves from the stems. There should be at least 20 leaves. Chop finely, and add to avacados.
- Add all remaining ingredients, mixing them in well. Cover and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.