Author Notes: A friend's brother taught me how to make this when we were in high school- over twenty years ago (ouch!). I doubt that he still remembers it.
It originally calls for labaneh, a middle-eastern cheese. You can make your own labaneh by mixing plain yogurt with a little salt, and draining it in a cheese cloth for a few hours. I've made it with sour cream, as well, and it's fine, although the consistency is different. - Hummusit
- 2 avocados
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (or labaneh)
- 1 tablespoon mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Peel avocados and remove pits. Mash them in a bowl.
- Crush the garlic clove and add to mashed avocados.
- Remove mint leaves from the stems. There should be at least 20 leaves. Chop finely, and add to avacados.
- Add all remaining ingredients, mixing them in well. Cover and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip