If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Once, out in the deserted plains of New Mexico not far from Ojo Caliente I had something similar to this at a cowgirl biker bar. - thirschfeld
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 ea. 15 oz cans black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons celery, minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon green onions, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup neutral flavored oil, i.e., canola, grape seed
- 1 to 2 dried cayennes or chile tepins cut into thin strips with scissors
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- corn chips
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt and lots of black pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. This gets better as it sits, 24 hours is optimal, but will also gain more Scoville heat units so keep that in mind when you decide the amount of red pepper you want to use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip