If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Once, out side of the French Quarter and on a back road near Thibodaux I had dip similar to this at a Cajun shrimper bar. —thirschfeld
- 16 ounces sour cream, save the non fat for another day
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- potato chips
- vegetable oil
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Coat the bottom with just enough oil to cover. Add the onions, season the with salt and pepper. Cook them slowly until they are a rich brown and very tender. Add the stock and let it simmer away until it is reduced to about a tablespoon. Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Combine the cooled onion soup with the sour cream and stir to combine. Taste it and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
A Money-Saving Kitchen
Yes, it is possible! Let's get organized
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Get your shine on.