Author Notes: Once, out side of the French Quarter and on a back road near Thibodaux I had dip similar to this at a Cajun shrimper bar. - thirschfeld
- 16 ounces sour cream, save the non fat for another day
- 1 1/2 cup yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- potato chips
- vegetable oil
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Coat the bottom with just enough oil to cover. Add the onions, season the with salt and pepper. Cook them slowly until they are a rich brown and very tender. Add the stock and let it simmer away until it is reduced to about a tablespoon. Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Combine the cooled onion soup with the sour cream and stir to combine. Taste it and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip