If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While in Mexico I purchased a container of "Chipotle Crema" that turned out to be a fabulous dip. It had a deep bronze color and wonderful smoky flavor, and the creamy texture of Mexican sour cream. I started dipping tortilla chips and tostadas in it, and then just ate it by the spoonful. When I camee home, I tried to reproduce this concoction by mixing creme fraiche, greek yogurt, chipotle pepper, and a little agave nectar. I like the contrast of sweet to spicy. It's not the same as the Mexican version, but it goes well with chips, especially sweet potato chips. —JoanG
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or 1 tsp chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl until smooth (or in a blender if you want a smotther mixture).
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve with potato chips, sweet potato chips, tortilla chips, or on top off a quesadilla. Also good with raw veggies. Or by the spoonful.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.