Author Notes: While in Mexico I purchased a container of "Chipotle Crema" that turned out to be a fabulous dip. It had a deep bronze color and wonderful smoky flavor, and the creamy texture of Mexican sour cream. I started dipping tortilla chips and tostadas in it, and then just ate it by the spoonful. When I camee home, I tried to reproduce this concoction by mixing creme fraiche, greek yogurt, chipotle pepper, and a little agave nectar. I like the contrast of sweet to spicy. It's not the same as the Mexican version, but it goes well with chips, especially sweet potato chips. - JoanG
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or 1 tsp chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl until smooth (or in a blender if you want a smotther mixture).
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve with potato chips, sweet potato chips, tortilla chips, or on top off a quesadilla. Also good with raw veggies. Or by the spoonful.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip