If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this recipe one night while clearing out my fridge and freezer. The Marsala adds a nice sweetness that pairs well with the paprika. I usually use a mild paprika, but I think any kind would work well. I make the dish with rice so it can soak up the delicious sauce (noodles or potatoes would work just as well). I also use bone in chicken because the bones add so much more flavor, but if you are not a fan then you can also substitute boneless breast as well. - ADRIENE
- 5 chicken leg quarters
- 1 yellow onion sliced in half moons
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 3 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, dust pieces with 1 tbs. flour. Pour oil in a large metal pot and put in chicken pieces and brown, do in 2 batches if necessary. Remove from pot and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add onions to the pot and cook until caramelized. Add in garlic and sliced mushrooms. Cook until all of the liquid has cooked out of the mushrooms.
- Add paprika and cook for a minute, now add in the remaining tablespoon of flour and stir.
- Pour the marsala wine in and deglaze the bottom of pan and scrape up all of the yummy brown bits. Now add the wine and reduce by 1/2. Once wine is reduced add in the chicken stock.
- Arrange chicken back in the pot, cover partially with a lid or foil and cook in oven for around 1 hr and 15 min. When it's done take out chicken pieces and set aside. Skim fat off the top and reduce liquid by 1/4. Turn off heat whisk in sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces back in and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls