Author Notes: This recipe is really easy to throw together since it relies on pantry staples (aka stuff that fits into a college student's budget). The balsamic vinegar adds a little sweetness without being too overbearing. It's good with pita chips or crudite and also makes a tasty sandwich spread. - StephanieSays
Makes 1.5 cups
- 15.5 ounces can of white beans (Cannellini or Northern are good)
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce (homemade if you have it)
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- Drain the beans and rinse them off.
- Pour them into a blender or food processor and mix them until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and again mix until well combined.
- Add a little water, a few tablespoons at a time, if the dip is too thick.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip