If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This evolved from your basic 1950s onion dip for John Cheever-y kinds of cocktail parties. I think it is a step up the slippery evolutionary kitchen slope because I use Knorr soup mix, which sounds imported, no? Regardless of the shopworn cliché and conceit, this dip is very popular with our guests, whether they be guzzling the French 75s or clinking the bottles of Coke. —fineartdaily
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package Knoor's onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together and chill until it's time to serve. Excellent with veggies, but much better with big fat crunchy kettle fried chips (not pictured, obviously). There are never any leftovers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.