Author Notes: Inspired by the fresh rosemary growing in my garden, I created this delicious dip that can be served with crackers or tortilla chips. I enjoyed it with Mary's Gone Crackers, gluten free crackers, and Trader Joe's organic blue corn tortilla chips. - TheSpicyRD
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- cups Navy Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3.4 cups Parmesan cheese, divided
- Assorted crackers and chips (regular or guten free)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in saute pan over medium heat and add chopped onions. Cook about 5 minutes, then reduce heat to low and stir every couple of minutes for about 20 minutes or until onions are caramelized.
- Add additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil, minced garlic, and fresh rosemary to onion and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the navy bean and ricotta cheese in a food processor and process until smooth. Add salt and onion/rosemary mixture and process to incorporate into bean/ricotta mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof dish. Stir in 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese in to the mixture, then sprinkle the additional Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve dip hot with crackers and chips. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip