If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious shrimp and fettuccine pasta recipe is adapted from something a friend made at dinner. Interestingly, she picked up the recipe from her Health Insurance website! I modified the recipe to suit mine and my husband’s tastes, and health needs such as adding spinach, capers and going a little easy on the cheese. It’s really simple to make and takes around 30 mins to prepare. Hope you like it too! - OneLifeToEat
- 1/4 cup sundried tomato bits
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 ounces Fettucine Pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon EVOO
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 ounces cleaned and deveined raw shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- Put the tomato bits in boiling water and let it stand for 10-15 mins. Then, drain the tomato bits and reserve 1/4 cup of the water.
- While the tomato bits soak, cook the pasta. Cook it for as long as you want, depending on the way you like it. Otherwise, follow the instructions on the packet for Al dente consistency. After it is cooked, drain and keep warm.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large utensil on medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Then add the shrimp and oregano and sauté for 2 minutes or until the raw shrimp is cooked.
- Now pour in the reserved tomato liquid. Boil for 2 minutes. If using cooked shrimp, be careful not to overcook them. The tighter they curl in, the more they get cooked.
- Remove from heat and now stir in the spinach to wilt-in, along with the olives, capers and tomato bits.
- Finally, toss this mixture with the cooked pasta. While still hot, mix in the Feta cheese. Serve immediately. YUM!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.