If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was invented by me a month back for my husband who normally does not eat pasta.He loves anything coconut and during a couple of visits to Italian restaurants,I saw that he ordered alfredo sauce based dishes a lot.I combined the flavors with shrimp and this recipe was born which is now one of our favourite weekend brunch options.Very quick to make and needs some handy condiments from your pantry. - SinfullySpicy
- 8 ounces fettucine, cooked as per package instructions [reserve some pasta water]
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter,cold
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thai green chillies
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/4 cup thick coconut milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemongrass
- Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp tablespoons Lemon juice
- In a small bowl, marinate the clean shrimps with lemon juice, little ground black pepper and 1 tsp salt for atleast 20 minutes.
- Once marinated,discard the lemon juice and cook the shrimp in a small pan over low heat till they turn orange white.
- Meanwhile,In a big pan, add the cold butter and garlic together on a low heat and let it cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes so that the garlic aroma infuses into the butter.
- Once garlic is crisp but not browm, add the chopped green chillies and add cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Next, add the coconut milk,cream,lemon grass, salt and black pepper and let simmer on low heat for atleast 8 minutes.Please take care that the sauce should not boil. [Note: You will need to keep an eye on the salt because fettucine will be salty from the salt in water it was boiled in]
- Add the cooked fettucine to the pan and toss in with the sauce.You might need some reserved pasta water if the sauce is thick.Check the seasoning.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes.Do not over toss the fettucine.
- Serving: Dish out the creamy fettucine in a pasta plate and top up with shrimps.Garnish with cilantro if you desire.
- Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Genius, explained at last.
Style with a breeze.
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
Gnocchi with a Twist
Gno potato, gno problem.