Author Notes: A dear friend made a variation of this for me after I had my first child. I think of her every time I make this family favorite. It also is an elegant entree for a small dinner party. - kerry.mossler
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 box dry spaghetti
- 1 sprig parsley, optional
- lemon wedges, optional
- Put spaghetti in pot of salted boiling water. Remove when cooked al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in heavy frying pan. Cook garlic for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to burn it.
- Add shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally until just pink. Add a dash of hot sauce and bread crumbs a little at the time. The consistency should be still wet, not dry with too many breadcrumbs. Mix until heated through.
- Place the pasta on the plate and spoon the shrimp mixture over the top. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta