If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All the fresh, salty flavors from the lovely salad in an easy to do pasta.
- 2 fresh tuna steaks
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, smashed and minced
- 3 whole meyer lemons, zested and halved
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 containers organic baby romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup Nicoise olives
- 4 hardboiled eggs, cooled and shelled
- 2 containers organic cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 pound organic fingerling potatoes, washed, cooked and cooled with skins on
- 1 tin good anchovies
- 1/3 pound harricot verts, cleaned, blanched and shocked to keep vibrant green
- 4 teaspoons capers, drained
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound farro fusili pasta, cooked to al dente
- In a small bowl, whisk together half the smashed garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil in a bowl. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the fresh tuna steaks to marinate for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the rest of the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil and dijon mustard adding sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside, this is your dressing.
- Grill the tuna steaks. About 4 minutes per side. Until just marked on the outside and a tiny bit pink in the center. Remove from the grill and let cool slighty. Break into uneven medium size pieces.
- In the pot that you cooked your pasta in, toss together the cooked pasta and the dressing. Add the drained capers, olives, cherry tomatoes, and cooked fingerling potatoes. Toss to coat with the dressing. Adjust the seasonings.
- Arrange pasta onto four soup plates. Add the grilled tuna pieces, the cooked haricot verts attractively atop.
- Cut the egg into quarters and add to the arrangement. Top with two anchovie filets, and an additional squeeze of meyer lemon.
- Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.