If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my riff on a recipe I used to have at a nearby restaurant. A little salty, a little peppery and full of flavor. —jocelyng
- 6 ounces sushi-grade fresh ahi tuna
- olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces angel hair or other thin dried pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 4 anchovies, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes (or to taste)
- Brush tuna with olive oil and coat with crushed black pepper (on both sides if you want more zip). Pre-heat grill pan or outdoor barbecue over medium-high heat and sear until rare (or to desired level of doneness). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook pasta in heavily salted boiling water to slightly less than desired level of doneness.
- While pasta is boiling, heat two tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat in wide, shallow frying pan. Sauté garlic cloves until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic from pan and drain on plate lined with a paper towel.
- Return frying pan to the stove and add panko crumbs to the pan. Heat until lightly toasted, then add the remaining ingredients and the reserved garlic and toss with panko.
- If the pasta isn’t done yet, remove the sauté pan from the heat until pasta is almost ready. Gently re-heat the pan when the pasta is ready. Drain the pasta and add it to the frying pan. Toss the pasta until it is coated with the bread crumb mixture. Add a little more olive oil if it seems dry. Season with salt and pepper and toss well again.
- Slice the tuna thinly on the bias. Divide the pasta in two warm bowls and lay the tuna slices over the top. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
DIY Nutter Butters.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
Just shrub it off.