If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I initially made this recipe about 25 years ago. Back then it was hard to find recipes that were spicy. I have been making it ever since. It was published years ago in a Junior League Cookbook but it is my own recipe! - baconb
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 dried small chili peppers
- 10 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, finely chopped
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 pound angel hair pasta, cook and drain well, just prior to serving
- In a large sauce pan, combine the olive oil, wine, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, chili peppers, plum tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Just before serving, saute the shrimp in a seperate pan in a little olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked. Add shrimp to sauce, toss with the angel hair pasta and serve immediately.
- Warn your guests not to eat the chili peppers, they are for flavor - or pull them out before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta