Author Notes: I initially made this recipe about 25 years ago. Back then it was hard to find recipes that were spicy. I have been making it ever since. It was published years ago in a Junior League Cookbook but it is my own recipe! - baconb
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cups olive oil
- 3/4 cups dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 dried small chili peppers
- 10 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cups sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, finely chopped
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 pound angel hair pasta, cook and drain well, just prior to serving
- In a large sauce pan, combine the olive oil, wine, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, chili peppers, plum tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Just before serving, saute the shrimp in a seperate pan in a little olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked. Add shrimp to sauce, toss with the angel hair pasta and serve immediately.
- Warn your guests not to eat the chili peppers, they are for flavor - or pull them out before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta