If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 pound linguini
- 1 medium fennel (keep the tiny green leaves)
- 3 pounds clams
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon indian curry
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare clams: rinse them well under cold water removing the algaes from the shells using a sharp knife (discard open shells and the broken ones). Put them in a pot without any condiment and cover with a lid. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes until most of the shells are opened. Discard the closed ones. Strain the cooking liquid and keep it aside.
- Rinse fennel, discard the waiste (keeping the green tiny leaves aside) and thinly slice them lenghtwise. Rinse tomatoes, peel and dice them.
- In a heavy bottom skillet heat the olive oil, add 1 crushed garlic clove and cook until golden. Add fennel, tomatoes and cook 1 minute. Pour the wine and let reduce the liquid to 1/3. Add the cooking liquid of clams and curry and cook 5 more minutes over medium heat coverd with a lid. Turn the heat off and adjust salt. Add the clams and cover.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook linguini in salted boiling water and drain them at 2/3 of the suggested cooking time. Add them to the skillet to dress.
- In a baking pan place a sheet of aluminium foil/parchment paper large about 3 times the pan. Pour linguini and all the content of the skillet on the foil. Sprinkle with the remaining ground garlic clove and fennel leaves. Seal the foil bundling linguini up (be careful to seal it firmly to avoid the liquid to evaporate). If you are using parchment paper you could also lace the foil with a string.
- Bake for 10 minutes and serve immediately opening the bundle when already on the table.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
Our photographer's favorite shots from the Food52 Baking Cookbook
The best shots from the Food52 Baking Cookbook.
This queso is nuts.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Get your shine on.