If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Over the holidays I was hoping to create a new latke recipe to celebrate Hanukkah with friends. An assorted platter of zuchinni, garnet sweet potato, purple potato, and yukon gold potato latkes would be so lovely looking served with sour cream and apple butter.
This easy recipe is delicious and perfect any time. My children enjoy these with sliced apples and honey for breakfast. —gfreekitchen
Makes 15-20 depending on size
- 5 medium to large garnet sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Shred sweet potatoes in a food processor then wrap in cheesecloth or a dish towel and squeeze out excess moisture -- this can be tough with sweet potatoes. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Add in onions. Next, sprinkle flour and baking powder over the top of potatoes and incorporate. Now stir in both eggs until everything is well combined. Add in salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- In a heavy skillet add enough oil to coat bottom of pan. Heat over medium heat until oil is shimmery.
- Now create small "balls" of potato mixture (approx. scant 1/4 C.) with your fingers and place in skillet and gently flatten. Fry until browned then turn over and repeat. When latkes are done set aside on a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with apple butter and sour cream or plain yogurt.
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.