Author Notes: This is my take on a recipe from a Michelle Scicolone cookbook, I made it easier for a weeknight, last minute dinner. I always have a bag of shrimp in my freezer and the rest of the ingredients in my pantry - when I am at a loss for what to make for dinner, this dish saves me every time. Luckily, my family LOVES it! - deucemom
Serves 4 hungry diners
- 2 pounds shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 14 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and chopped if large
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves with some stems
- Bring a pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Add the salt & spaghetti to the water, cooking until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp are lightly browned. Add the tomatoes and capers. Cook, stirring, for 1 more minute.
- When the pasta is done, add the spaghetti and the celery to the skillet with a bit of the cooking water. Toss for one minute or so, adding more water if needed. Serve immediately!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta